Windows 10 Upgrade
The easier way to check your Windows 10 updates is, open Start menu > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
Windows 10 Upgrade
Windows 10 is the upgraded version of Microsoft computers that rolls out all updates via auto-updates. The easier way to check your Windows 10 updates is, open Start menu > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update. But if you have Windows older version, including Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you can still get Windows 10. so, how to upgrade to windows 10, actually? On this page, we’ll cover your doubts about Windows 10 Upgrade as well as upgrade to windows 10 pro. Read the complete instructions mentioned below.
How to upgrade to windows 10
Upgrade your windows older version to Windows 10. For it, you require to download Windows 10 from the Microsoft website. Follow the below steps –
- Ensure your data is backed up so you won’t lose it after upgrade.
- Open a web browser to access the Microsoft Windows 10 website.
- Go to www.microsoft.com/software-download.
- Select “Windows 10” on displayed tabs.
- Click Download Tool Now under the “Create Windows 10 installation media” header.
- If you only wish to update the PC (other option), click Update Now.
- Right click on the MediaCreationTool.exe file and click Open or Run.
- Allow User Account Control to make changes.
- Read license terms for Windows 10 and click Accept.
- Choose “Keep personal files and apps.”
- Select Upgrade this PC Now option and click Next. Follow prompts and click Install.
- Restart your Pc. Your Windows 10 Upgrade installation is completed.
Important Note: If you install Windows 10 for the first time, you’ll need a digital license to activate and work Windows 10 on your computer.
How to upgrade to Windows 10 latest feature updates?
If you already have the Windows 10 version and auto-update is turned off, you can manually update to the latest features.
- Press and open the Windows Start menu.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- From the sidebar, click Windows Update.
- You’ll see all updates from Windows 10.
- Turn on the auto update option for future automatic upgrades.
Upgrade Windows 10 Home To Pro
Windows 10 Pro includes all features of Windows 10 Home and built-in protection with BitLocker Drive Encryption, Windows Defender Antivirus, Remote Desktop, and more. If you upgrade home to windows 10 pro from the Microsoft Store app, it requires a digital license for activation. However, you can use a product key from an authorized retailer as well.
How to upgrade windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro
Upgrading to Windows 10 pro means you will require to download the Windows 10 Pro edition, which generally requires an activation code to work properly. If you don’t have any license key and you wish to upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro upgrade on your system device, follow below mentioned steps carefully,
- Ensure your device is up to date with the latest version of windows 10 home.
- Open Microsoft Store from apps.
- Find Upgrade to windows 10 pro.
- Click Buy.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Complete your payment method.
- Wait for complete upgrade Windows 10 home to pro.
Upgrading to Windows 10 pro with Product key/Digital License
If you have a product key or digital license of Window 10 home or Windows 10 Pro and you want to upgrade Windows 10 home to pro, it becomes easier to update.
- First of all, ensure Windows 10 Home is updated.
- Now, press the Windows Start key.
- Open Settings.
- Click Updates and Security.
- From the left panel, click on Activation.
- Select Change product key.
- Next, enter the 25 characters digital license or product key.
- Click Next and wait for upgrade to Windows 10 pro.
- Restart your computer for a better starting.
Windows 10 update:
Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > activation
Purchase Windows 10 Pro upgrade:
Start Menu > Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Go to the Store > Buy > Billing > Upgrade
Use Windows 10 Pro product key:
Start Menu > Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Change product key > Enter key > activate
If you want to install or transfer Windows 10, Windows 10 Home, or Windows 10 Pro on a new or another computer, you only require to reinstall the program and re-enter the product key for activation.